If you want to make fresh and healthy juices at home, you should know that a masticating juicer will be the best choice. Juicing experts tend to agree that the masticating styles of juicers retain more nutrients, versus centrifugal juice extractors. These juicers are also in demand because they get more juice from fruits and veggies. Here, our goal is to help you find the best masticating juicer in no time flat!
Things To Consider Before Buying
• Durability – You should look for a style which is very durable. There are a few important components to a masticating juicer and these are the housing, the pulp screen and the auger. With regard to the auger, look for a component which is crafted from plastics of high density. Other good auger materials are stainless steel and nylon. Both stainless steel and nylon resist shattering and hold up well over the long term. The material that the auger’s “teeth” are made from should be very hardy, as it will get the most usage. The best material for a pulp screen is metal, as it will be strong enough to handle everything, from crunchy root veggies to harder fruit. Lastly, look for housing which is tough enough to withstand the high pressure which builds up between the pulp screen and the auger.
• Attachments – In addition to a durable machine with tough components, you should seek out a style which comes with practical attachments. The best attachments are very versatile and allow these types of juicers to function as food processors or grinders. Attachments are sometimes sold separately. However, we think it’s smart to buy a masticating juicer which comes with attachments that you won’t need to pay extra for. Some of them will give you the power to make pasta, nut butter and a host of other interesting recipes, rather than needing to buy other appliances. Selecting a machine which features an attachment kit will allow you to get more value for your money and play around in your home kitchen.
• Motor – With the centrifugal style, high wattage and speed are prime considerations. Juicers of the masticating type need motors that work slowly and reliably. Look for a motor which features a lot of torque. This higher torque level will force the auger through hard veggies and tough roots. Machines with gear reduction systems work very well.
• Price – You’ll also need to think about which price point is right for you. The pricier juicers are generally newer models or newer versions of best-selling masticating juicer machines. These costlier models have “smart” features, such as updated feed chutes. Usually, they are crafted from plastics which are free of BPAs and their augers are made from ultra-modern and super-strong materials. In general, with masticating juicers, consumers get what they pay for. This is why you should consider spending more for premium quality.
Best Masticating Juicers – Our Reviews
Today, we’re going to talk about five options which really hit the target with consumers. You’ll be pretty safe choosing any juicer on the list. All are well-made, durable, easy to use and very dependable. They vary in terms of features, so one of these styles may suit you better than others. Each one is affordable and comes from a trusted manufacturer.
1. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center
This is the best masticating juicer on our list. This masticating juicer from Omega is simple to operate and it comes with a motor which is really powerful. You’ll be able to juice all of your favorite ingredients at an optimal speed of eighty revolutions per minute. One key benefit of choosing this style is that it won’t foam, clog or cause heat to build up. It features one hundred and ten volts of power and it will offer a high yield of juice. It also features a function for auto-pulp ejection, which makes continuous juicing easy.
This model features a system which juices in two stages. It isn’t noisy while it’s running and it’s approved by cUL and UL. Created by a trusted Australian manufacturer with a great reputation, the Omega J8006 comes with a long and strong, fifteen-year warranty.
This is a high-end model. It’s sturdy, stable and built to last. If you’re willing to invest in a more expensive masticating juicer, with a mind to accessing quality that doesn’t quit, then this attractive style, which comes in a variety of stylish colors, including cheery bright red, may be exactly what you want.
2. Tribest Slowstar
Tribest is an American manufacturer of small kitchen appliances. If you want to buy American, you’ll love this high-end slow juicer and mincer. It works at a slow speed of forty-seven revolutions per minute and it’s a great choice for superb “cold press” juice extraction. Juice produced by this attractive small appliance will be so fresh, nutritious and delicious. This model extracts with very little oxidation when compared with juicers that utilize centrifugal mechanisms.
Feature-packed, sleek and modern, this red and black masticating juicer comes with a two-blade auger which allows for faster “slow juicing” and makes juicing an easier process. Suitable for newbies or experts, this machine will allow you to make wonderful juices without putting in a lot of time and effort. As well, this model comes with a mincing attachment which will boost the Slowstar’s versatility, by allowing it to function as a homogenizer of food. Use the mincer attachment to create salsa, fresh sorbets and so much more.
This model features 200 watts of power. It offers two to three times the torque of a typical masticaing juicer. Also, the motor has three-stage reduction gears. This means more more juicing and less jamming. As well, this model features a juice cap which is so convenient. It will give you the power to control juice flow and this will make it simple to switch from container to container, pre-mix juices and prevent spills, just by closing or opening the cap.
3. SKG Juicer
This vertical, cold-press masticating juicer comes from SKG, a leading name in health, home and beauty electronics. When you choose this high-end model, you’ll receive an attractive juicer with a red finish, which is loaded with designer features that make juicing easy. This unit operates at low speeds and it keeps oxidation minimal. When compared to juicers that use centrifugal force, it provides juice that is more nutrient-rich, delicious and fresh. As well, juice produced with this machine will stay fresh for longer.
Equipped with a 240 watt A/C motor, it functions at a speed of sixty revolutions per minute. It will squeeze ingredients gently, with just the right amount of force, for premium juice yield and nutrient retention. When you use this juicer, you’ll enjoy superb, ultra-natural taste. Since it juices without heat or quick-rotating blades, it creates juice which is so healthy and so great-tasting. As well, with this model, you’ll receive a wide chute with a big “mouth” and this means that it will accept larger items and will resist clogs. You won’t need to chop as much before you add new ingredients.
One of the best masticating juicers on the market today, it offers plenty of value for the money. It’s a solid pick for anyone who wants the very best!
4. Kuvings NJE-3580U
If you want a superlative masticating juicer which looks wonderful on your kitchen counter and operates at an ideal speed of eighty RPMs, you’ll love this quiet model. It comes with a motor that has 170 watts of power. Its masticating power will ensure the highest nutrient retention, as well as superb juice yield. Designed and manufactured by Kuvings (a respected German company which utilizes the very latest in juicing technology in order to create innovative small appliances), this model is in the mid-range to high-end price bracket.
Equipped with an auto-feeding design which makes it fast and simple to operate, this model comes with a variety (seven in all) of nozzles which will allow you to use the machine for different tasks, including juicing, grinding and mincing. This juicer gets great reviews. It’s quite reasonably-priced for a masticating style with so many features and accessories. It’s made for usage in America and Canada.
5. Jese Juicer
This model is a little cheaper than the other models we’ve showcased so far (prices will vary based on retailer). However, it doesn’t skimp on quality. This sleek, silvertone model is a vertical style and it functions at a low speed in order to cold-press juice out of a host of ingredients. Cold-pressing is the secret of getting more nutritional value from ingredients. The operating speed of this model is thirty-seven revolutions per minute. The motor for this juicer offers a full 250 watts of power. Its extra-slow “chewing” (masticating) process keeps minerals, vitamins, trace minerals and enzymes intact, making this one the of the best masticating juicers on the market.
We also love the multi-functionality of this juicer. Use it to make fresh juice or to make a host of other recipes, including ice cream, coffee and baby food. The sky is the limit in terms of what’s possible with this model. It features a big mouth which measures 3.4 inches, so it accepts bigger items with ease. This means less prep time and less ingredient oxidation due to chopping.
Crafted from Tritan and top-notch stainless steel, this durable, high-quality masticating juicer includes a two-year warranty on accessories and parts, as well as a one decade warranty for the main motor and body.
Best Masticating Juicers – Our Ratings
|Omega||5.0 / 5|
|Tribest||4.5 / 5|
|SKG||4.5 / 5|
|Kuvings||4.0 / 5|
|Jese||4.0 / 5|